Amelia Harvey is my next guest on the MNBP and you know what? I could listen to her talk for hours. She has a charming and soothing Australian accent and more importantly, she speaks with grace about what is important to her and what she feels strongly about.
Amelia works as a life and business coach and meditation teacher. She owns her own mindfulness studio called Exhale where she offers courses, workshops, and mindfulness classes. Amelia shared a few -- whooa! -- words on the benefits of meditation with us:
"If you could package those benefits up and put it in pill people would pay thousands of dollars every month to be able to experience those benefits of feeling more present, and being more calm and coping with stress. All we have to do is sit down for ten minutes a day and we get those benefits."
This episode is good for anyone interested in learning more about meditation and mindfulness, our moon cycle as women, and the importance of a sweet and cosy bedtime routine.
Who: Amelia Harvey
Where: Perth, Australia
When: 28 June 2017
What we explore together:
- Amelia's work as a life and business coach and meditation teacher who owns her own mindfulness studio where she offers courses, workshops, and mindfulness classes
- What Amelia finds gratifying in her work
- The amazing soul sister group Amelia created that touches on the following six different topics: intuition (inner wisdom)/inner critic (fear) distinction, self love, emotional wellbeing, body love and goddess power (the relationship with your body, femininity, and food), energy balancing/clearing, and manifesting and goal setting
- Amelia offered a few tips for a beginner or someone interested in living a more mindful life and starting a meditation practice
- The moon cycle and the phases we experience as women throughout the month
- The importance of a bedtime/sleep routine and the importance of getting to bed at the same time each night
- Amelia's belief in meditation changing your life for the better
- A few words on finding your own natural beet
Listen and subscribe in iTunes:
How Amelia explores
With so much wonder.
Getting out in nature.
"Having that open mind - always reminding myself I don't know best and that there are different ways of doing things that I haven't even seen yet."
I could be wrong with everything. With this approach, it makes learning and growth very easy.
With an open heart
To understand my thoughts and get clarity, I need to be able to see them on paper.
She loves to move.
She loves to learn more about her body by
listening to her body and strengthening her body.
She has recently become a "sleep guru" because of her keen interest in sleep.
She loves finding her center and wisdom, usually through meditation.
She does visualization meditations and chakra work.
The one activity, habit, behavior that makes Amelia feel in her Natural Beet is
"Nothing will make you feel more you than meditation."
Final words Amelia left with us:
On finding your natural beet, find what feels good to you - don't expect someone else's way to work for you.
We need to run everything through our filter, our intuition: those little nudges in the direction we need to go.
Trust those nudges and put everything through your filter.
It (life, body, etc.) doesn't have to look like anyone else's -
it's Y O U R S!
Links mentioned or referred to:
Amelia's video on her website phases of cycle
- "Meditation is such a powerful practice that can make such a big difference."
- "I don't think I have had a client who I haven't told them to meditate in some way in some stage along the way."
- "While it is an easy thing to do, it is a bit easier not to do it."
- "The studio is a place that makes mindfulness very easy, very accessible."
- "I love business." - on creating both her businesses
- "Find a mindfulness studio" - learn a little bit about it with books, podcasts, try to understand the core principles"
- "We are not our thoughts and that our thoughts are not real. And we can choose whether or not we want to engage with them."
- "You will find that the mindfulness starts to be a mindset that you take into all different areas of your life."
- "If you could package those benefits up and put it in pill people would pay thousands of dollars every month to be able to experience those benefits of feeling more present, and being more calm and coping with stress." - on meditation
- "All we have to do is sit down for ten minutes a day and we get those benefits" - on meditation
- "I really feel like me and my clients are this great team" - on coaching
A huge shout out to Na'an Stop the jammin' band from Boulder, Colorado for the accompanying podcast music. Their music makes you feel good and want to get up and dance!
Visit them on social media:
I hope this episode gave you a nudge to try meditation. If not, that's fine and if so, feel free to reach out to me and let me know how it is going! I hope this episode was inspiring, made you laugh, and/or gave you something new to think about. Please onsider sharing it with a friend and/or leaving a review on iTunes. The more the merrier my friends!
If you want to Nominate a Guest to be on the MNB Podcast, feel free to do that by clicking here.