How Matt explores
"I absolutely love to travel!" Has gone to airport before without an airplane ticket and said let's get on next plane.
"Traveling to new countries."
His favorite way to explore in a new place is on a bike.
He spends a lot of time alone during the day to day so he often needs perspective in order to listen a bit deeper and if so, "I will go sit by the water or sit on our deck." This is an opportunity to be reflective.
He is a big reader of articles and books. He loves to learn.
He recently hired a personal trainer.
"I am also aware that, you know, with all the talk with what is the best thing to eat, it is not necessarily about what is good for my body but also what is good for my body in the environment that my body is in."
"I love what I eat and I love to eat"
He says a little prayer before he jumps on a coaching call or before teaching a yoga class.Right after he says a prayer. This practice keeps him grounded and connected to god, to the higher beings that are around us all of the time and also, connected to my own spirit.
"Continued devotion of I am here, I am so committed to making an impact in this word and I know that I cannot do it alone" - on his prayer
What makes Matt feel alive and electric:
Coming home from a big day of work and spending time with his partner, relaxing and chatting together -
"makes me remember what is most important in my world"
The one activity, habit, behavior that makes Matt feel in his Natural Beet is:
wake up before 7 o'clock so you can appreciate it, move your body so you can shower before 8:30, and eat breakfast
"At the end of the day, say thank you."
Matt gave me the final words - I encourage everyone in:
"making the time and the space to invite what feels good to you and what makes you feel like yourself" & "being honest with themselves," making more time and space to appreciate and to do and to act on that - meditation, little walks, - tuning in and figuring out what feels good, and by golly just doing it!"
LINKS MENTIONED OR REFERRED TO:
Matt Corker - Matt's personal website
The Corker Co.
"War of Art" - Steven Pressfield
Seth Godin - mentor of Matt
"Getting Over the Rainbow" Matt's book
Matt's "100 Before 100"
"The Karma of Love: 100 Answers for your Relationship"- Geshe Michael Roach
- "We believe a great boss makes a difference in people's lives."
- "We are creating a movement of people changing their lives - through a fulfilling career and the other is through love." - about the Corker Co.
- "Fuel for your dreams." - what they refer to as a severance package
- "I am a self-proclaimed extrovert" - on his personality
- "When I first started my blog I was really worried about what other people would think." - on growth
- "When an idea comes and we don't produce anything with it then we have already killed it."
- "We are our worst critic."
- "Ship your idea." - just get it out into the world, deliver it, let it be what it is today.
- "And ship it again tomorrow." - Just create, just poor it out.
- "1. Use resistance as guidepost 2. ship it and get it out the door" - on using resistance to your advantage
- "I'm less afraid to put things out in the world that may ruffle feathers."
- "I know I can't please everyone anymore"
- "I just give him kudos for sticking it out." - on who he used to be in regards to pleasing everyone
- "I was so mean to myself and at the same time i would never say that to someone else."
- "Speak to myself the way that I would want to speak to others" - on being aware of the inner critic
- "It is not a necessity - on negative chatter
- "But it is a good example as to where we are at in our comfort zone" - looking at resistance
- "When something knocks like that into our world, we have to listen" - on tuning into what is knocking
- "Planting seeds for what you are looking for"
- "Be a good gardener" - from the book he is currently reading
A huge shout out to Na'an Stop the jammin' band from Boulder, Colorado for the accompanying podcast music. Their music makes you feel good and want to get up and dance!
Visit them on social media:
Na'an Stop website