This week's guest is a fellow soul sister from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Kate is a freelance lifestyle and travel writer and is currently enjoying her surroundings in Canada for the summer before she heads out again for world travel.
During our conversation we shared many laughs! Kate shared with us a few words about starting out on your own as a freelancer and her best "noo-poo" method advice. (If you don't already know what that is - you might find yourself keen to learn!) Kate kindly reminds us that each of our paths is unique and precisely, our own, so we should not be afraid to go with it by listening to our gut, owning our experience, and not taking resistance to the extreme. Kate exudes doing her own thing and I love that!
Who: Kate Horodyski of KateHorodyski.com
Where: She is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
When: 29 May 2017
What we explore together:
· Kate’s current projects
· Natural hair care options including the "noo poo" method
· How she started working as a freelancer and her advice if you are wanting to start on your own as a freelancer
· The influence of social media
· On figuring out yoga was not for her
Listen and subscribe in iTunes:
How Kate explores
- The world: In regards to her day to day life, she tries to enjoy and have more fun. In terms of traveling, she travels to places that she genuinely loves and is interested in instead of places where she thinks she needs to go because of the recommendations of others.
- Her mind: “Very carefully!” Kate used to be a constant over thinker. She has learned not to attach to her thoughts. She has developed a beautiful way of observing her thoughts and simply letting them go.
- Her body: She listens to her body! She trusts that what she eats and what movements she wants to do it is right for her.
- Her spirit: Be staying in the moment, relaxing, enjoying herself, and having fun! Practicing mindfulness.
The one activity, habit, behavior that makes Kate feel in her Natural Beet is
being in the moment, being present.
Links mentioned or referred to:
- Kate's freelance webpage
- Kate's Facebook
- Kate's Instagram
- Kate's Pinterest
- Kate's Youtube Channel
- Noo Poo Method
- The Power of Now
- A New Earth
- The Secret
- Kayla Itsines – Bikini Body Guide
· “Trusting that your skin is naturally designed to stay hydrated and to turn over and to renew.” - on natural skin care
· “I would cling to what other people did and try to make that my own rather than doing what was right for me.” – on finding her way
· “There is nothing wrong with having a part time job or staying at a job you don’t love a little longer so you have those savings so that when you do go out and try your hand at freelance you can enjoy what you are doing.” - on starting out as a freelancer
· “Don’t put passion on a pedestal to the point where you don’t take care of your day to day needs." - on starting out as a freelancer
· “Stay realistic or at the same time, don’t.” - advice for becoming a freelancer
· “Figure it out along the way.” - on life
· “Following the fun.” - what Kate does daily
· “I don’t drink green smoothies anymore.” – on listening to her body and finding out what makes her feel her best
· “Letting go of all of these things that sound so cool and appealing and eating in a way that makes me feel good. “ – on listening to her body and finding out what makes her feel her best
· “Trust your vibes, trust your gut.” - on resistance v. gut feeling
A huge shout out to Na'an Stop the jammin' band from Boulder, Colorado for the accompanying podcast music. Their music makes you feel good and want to get up and dance!
If this episode was inspiring, made you laugh, or gave you something new to think about consider sharing it with a friend, leaving a comment below, on instagram, or leave a review on iTunes. The more the merrier. And if you want to Nominate a Guest to be on the Podcast,
Until the next time,